英語つぶやき:アンチエアコン派なんですけどね

It's hoooot today. I just checked the current temperature on a weather website and it said 33 degrees. I had kept the windows open  but no wind didn't come in.. It's very stuffy in the room and also pretty dry inside. I  couldn't stand it any more so I turned on the air-con. Personally, I am not a big fan of air-cons because they are not good for my health, especially not good for my blood circulation, which could do some harm on my nerves too. And also air-cons consume a lot more electricity than electric fans. This could bring you a shocking electricity bill! And anyway it's still summer ( people say fall starts in March though^^;) , summer is supposed to be hot. You have to live with it. It doesn't seem convincing, now that I've turned on the air-con but usually I don't!! As I said, there is no wind coming inside!

Speaking of air-cons, I can't help telling you that Aussies love air-cons!!  They want to turn on their Air-cons even though it is not that hot.!! I am Japanese and I am very used to Japanese summer, which is scorching and extremely humid,  I find Aussie summer pretty comfortable compare to Japanese counterpart.  I am quite happy as long as I have a electric fan or ceiling fan, which is my favourite.  Having said that I have to admit  that since I came to Brisbane,  I have suffered from sleepless nights because of heat. It had never happened when I was in Gympie. I wonder why. Well, still I prefer Aussie summer to Japanese one. Anyway, I have had enough summer taste so I cant wait to enjoy cooler breeze in fall.

Read Users' Comments (2)

2 Response to "英語つぶやき:アンチエアコン派なんですけどね"

  1. Fumie, on 6 March 2011 at 18:23 said:

    Heeey!
    You're finally back!
    I can't believe that the weather is still summary up there.
    Down here is pretty freezing in the morning - can't go out without a jacket. It almost feels as if Summer never came this year in Melbourne. It's really one extreme to the other, isn't it?

    BTW, have you settled in your new residence yet?

  2. YUKI, on 7 March 2011 at 06:52 said:

    Hello Foo-min san!

    Yeah, I've restarted this blog, thanks to your encouragement! Having said that, I am not very certain that I can keep this up... Now I have a bit more free time than before since our home -hunting is sort of on hold at the moment, which indicates that we haven't got a house yet. ^^; Anyway everything should be alright according to Gori's aunty, so I stopped sweating about it.

    Its been cooling down around here, too. Especially at night time. It sounds that Melbourne is much cooler, even colder than here. Wow you've gotta wear a jacket?? Already?? I have never worn a jacket since I came to Australia. Take care not to catch a cold!