英語でつぶやき:昨日のケーキ・・まずかった。。(11/22)

I spent all day cooking yesterday.  I had a sore back and I couldn't sit on a chair for a long time so I gave up studying English and other stuff required sitting ( frustrating!)  Since Gori's mum had been away so we decided to invite his dad for dinner.  I made a banana upside-down cake for the first time. I used a recipe from a cake book but the cake turned out to be sooo dry!! I was so disappointed. I should have gotten a recipe on the net instead of using the book.. That's kind of problem about cooking by booking books, isn't it?? Recipes in the books look yummy but you don't really know if they are tasty or not until you actually give it a try. On the other hand, recipes on the net usually have reviews and ratings, which are usually pretty reliable. So the better reviews they have, the more you are confident that they will be good. Gori has gotten me several cooking books so far,  by which he might be indicating something about my cooking (LOL), well after yesterdays stuff-up, I asked him not to buy me this kind of books any more because I could get good recipes on the net and you know they are for free!!( books are very expensive!)

Oh boy my back is still sore. There are lots of things I want to do but I can't! To be honest, I shouldn't be writing my blog now but I wanted to do something other than lying on the bed!!


Read Users' Comments (7)

7 Response to "英語でつぶやき:昨日のケーキ・・まずかった。。(11/22)"

  1. Fumie, on 23 November 2010 at 21:20 said:

    Hi there waiwaisan,

    The quiche I made last night turned out okay, but I've never made a cake that tastes like a real cake!
    I remember one time on a christmas day I made a chocolate cake with a ready-to-use sponge cake and rubbed on OVER-generous amount of chocolate on it!
    HA-HA Nobody could finish even a piece of cake (obviously it wasn't)!

  2. YUKI, on 24 November 2010 at 13:30 said:

    Hello Foo-min san!

    Thanks for your comment!
    I am glad your quiche turned out okay. I have never made quiche and that's something I would like to try since we have lots of eggs! I ate a beautiful quiche when I went to a Christmas party last year. There were lots of vegetarian there who were very health-conscious and one of them had made this divine quiche! I should have asked the recipe.

    I am sorry for the cake you made :( I like baking but only easy-cooking ones! My oven here is not working well so when I get a new one, I would like to try a bit more complicated baking too.

  3. Fumie, on 5 February 2011 at 13:07 said:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. Fumie, on 5 February 2011 at 13:09 said:

    Where the hell are you....!!!!
    Oh you're too busy working on your project...but I miss you here.
    Please, please, I beg you to come back here some time to keep me happy.

    Btw, I remembered the christmas party the year before when I made vegan-friendly thai green curry using tofu, vegies, chick peas, soy milk and coconut milk for my then-coworker...and yet she didn't turn up to the party. She was the only vegan there and everyone else were the meat lovers. Typical.

  5. わいわい, on 9 February 2011 at 10:29 said:

    Hello, Foo-min san.
    I am sorry for my late reply.

    I have been just sooo busy packing and cleaning the house for moving. Now Gori and I am in Brisbane, staying at Gori's aunt's unit. We've kind of settled here but soon we have to find our new place to live so I am going to be busy again :( Having said that I am itching to studying English since I haven't done it for a while. I am thinking of restarting this English blog too so let's see what'll happen. Anyway thank you so much for caring about me.

  6. Shiroi Tora, on 12 February 2011 at 09:10 said:

    Your English is so good...are you Japanese...living in Japan? Perhaps you have lived for quite some time in an English speaking country. Your level of proficiency is rare. My wife (from Japan) has been living in the USA for 20 yrs...your English is better. Good for you. Nice Blog.

  7. YUKI, on 3 March 2011 at 11:03 said:

    Hello, Shiroi Tora san.

    Thank you for your comment. I am sorry for my very late reply. I am flattered to read your compliment. Thank you. I am Japanese but I am now living in Australia with my Aussie partner. I love English and I have been learning it for a long time but even so I still feel that I have a long way to go before I speak this language as freely as I do so with my mother tongue, Japanese. Anyway I have been slacking off lately, not getting around to studying it or anything, so I feel my English is a bit rusty. I need to work on that.


    Your comment has given me a lot of encouragement. Thanks for that!!
    I hope you come and visit me again soon!