英語でつぶやき:一人で買い物したいけど・・

Gori and I went to town to pick up some groceries (that's me) and to buy some parts for his hobby stuff (that's Gori). Today is Saturday so I assumed that the shops must be crawled with customers so I braced myself for a slow and tiring shopping with a long wait at the checkout. The car park was full just as I'd expected but the supermarket itself was much quieter. That was a nice surprise!  I wonder where the other customers were. Well Having said that, even though we went there around 1:00, which I think was not that late, there were some items I couldn't get, such as beef and chicken. I usually buy meats in bulk size but today they were already sold out so I was disappointed.  


Speaking of shopping,  I always think that I should go shopping by myself, not bothering Gori to come along with me. ( He hates shopping)  I think I should be OK without him but the thing is, I really don't like pushing a trolley packed with stuff!! It's very heavy and difficult to control.  In addition, some of the trolleys in the shops are sometimes very stubborn and wouldn't go where I want it to go!!! Obviously there is something wrong with the wheels but I don't know how to fix it. So every time I go to a supermarket and grab a trolley, I feel nervous and worried that  my trolley will work alright or not. (Gee I am sweating such a small stuff ^^;)


I am getting sleepy now.. What am I going to do this afternoon?



Read Users' Comments (6)

6 Response to "英語でつぶやき:一人で買い物したいけど・・"

  1. ふぅみん, on 12 September 2010 at 13:38 said:

    Hi!

    I totally agree with you on the shopping trolley! I usually go to the woolies after dropping by the market to grab some vegies.

    Since I go there always by myself, inevitably I need a trolley, you know. So I load it up with my packed bag and vegies, and it does exactly what you've described here.

    It's as annoying as to other customers as to me!

  2. YUKI, on 13 September 2010 at 11:29 said:

    Hello ふぅみんさん

    I am glad that I know that I am not the only person who feel like that about trolleys!

    I find it difficult to control a loaded trolley especially when I have to make a turn. :(

    Back in Japan I never used that kind of big trolleys. I would often use a basket or smaller shopping cart. I never bought as much as I do now in Australia. My trolley becomes full without noticing! Is that because things sold here are much bigger in size?? I feel that I am spending too much money :(

    By the way, I often go to the Woolies too :D
    They said ' They are the fresh people' but I doubt it. Fresh produce they are selling is sometimes old and tastes not fresh.

  3. ひまわり, on 13 September 2010 at 23:23 said:

    こんばんは~(^^)ここ,日本語でもいいのかしら(><)??

    私,日本の小さなカートでも手こずってます!!

    この前,すごく急いでいるのに,車輪の部分が自分の行きたい方向と反対方向とかいくから,すごいイライラしました!

    それになぜかあるサンダルを履くと,小指を思いっきりカートにぶつけてしまうんです!それで1回目は小指の爪を半分くらい切ってしまって流血し(痛かった~っ),その場で爪の部分がない違うサンダルを買って帰ったほど(泣)

    小さなカートでさえ遊ばれている私☆絶対大きなカート(カートのことですよね??)はものすごくイライラするに違いないと思いました(^^;)

    やっぱりごりちゃんに一緒に行ってもらって,力仕事?は男の人にまかせましょう♪♪

  4. ふぅみん, on 14 September 2010 at 21:03 said:

    The standard of food (especially vegies, meat, etc.) could vary from shop to shop and also depends on which day of the week you go there...

    Around where I live, fruit & vegie shops sell 3rd-grade products and even the markets sometimes sell half-rotten stuff (unbelievable!) Woolies are not too bad (because at least they don't sell rotten products.)

    ...as for the trolley, I can't even push it straight ahead...sometimes I feel like I getting on the trolley myself and get someone else to give me a nice trolley ride!!! :)

    ワタシ背がちっこいから、カートのかごの下に手が届かなくて困ることもあるんですぅ。

  5. YUKI, on 16 September 2010 at 18:30 said:

    ひまわりさんへ

    お返事遅くなりました><
    もちろん日本語のコメントも大歓迎ですよん☆サンクスです。

    ほ~日本のカートでも手こずることがあるんですね。しかも流血とはイタイ><サンダル買うことになったんですね、これまたイタイ^^;買い物行くだけなのに履物まで考えないといけないのは面倒ですなぁ~。

    こっちのカートはそれ自体が重たいので操作が大変です。筋肉つきそうですw

  6. YUKI, on 17 September 2010 at 15:27 said:

    Hello again ふぅみんさん!
    I am sorry for my late reply.

    Oh is it difficult to get very fresh produce and meat in your area, too? Before I came to Australia, I expected that there were lots of fresh vegies and fruit but I was wrong..I am pretty disappointed about it.

    Anyway, I didn't know you were that short. Yeah, trolleys are pretty deep so I can guess that shot people might struggle to get the stuff out of them.